Recently--in the last 2 weeks-- Halle decided that she didn't want to be potty trained anymore, "WHAT??!" is what I've been thinking/feeling, etc. It's been frustrating, surprising and yes, embarrassing! She's been potty trained for several months now-- I think since... hummm.... maybe Jan. Feb. Mar. time??? (Even though she would still have accidents every now and then). Anyway, I talked to my mom, "WHAT DO I DO!!!" And this was her wonderful advice, "First you need to get over being embarrassed!" True. "She is going through something, that she just needs to get through, better now then when she's in junior high!" "Next, here's some advice that Grandma Jones gave me, (my grandma, to my mom) be as loving and compassionate as you possibly can, while using the coldest possible washrag you can get." (me) "but I don't want to use a washrag." (my mom) "I'm thinking, maybe you could put your wipes in the fridge. Don't make it desirable, don't have cute diapers or pull ups, but be understanding and loving."
I sure needed to hear that. So, I've gotten over My issues, I'm not completely frustrated and now I can help her with hers.
Thanks mom!
DIY Cat Box Furniture
3 months ago
2 comments:
rockin advice. i'll keep it in mind.
Cold wipes--now that is a good one.
Good luck!
Post a Comment